- Number of Online Degrees Offered: 24
- Hybrid Option: Yes
- Degree Levels Offered: Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Certificate
- Degree Fields Offered: Arts, Communication, Business, Health Care, Theology, Criminal Justice, Public Service, Psychology
In 1953, Mid-America Christian was established as South Texas Bible Institute (STBI) in Houston. Years later, the college transitioned location to the current primary location in Oklahoma for further expansion. Between 2009 and 2012, a recruitment campaign resulted in an increased student enrollment of 169%. Currently the institution enrolls nearly 3,000 students.
Online Learning at Mid-America Christian University
Mid-America Christian University offers a wide variety of courses and programs that can be completed entirely online. These programs are available at the associate, bachelor, masters, and certificate levels and require no campus visits or residencies. All course work is completed online and is supervised by qualified faculty members. The format is also accelerated to enable students to earn credits faster, their schedule permitting. If a student prefers to attend some of their classes on campus in the traditional format, blended courses are also an option for these degree programs.
The 24 degree programs are offered in the following areas: arts and sciences, business, Christian ministries, public service, and psychology. Curriculum is taught by faculty members who are committed to providing the same quality instruction in online classes as traditional programs. Online communication allows all students to communicate with each other and their instructors throughout the duration of their program, enabling them to retain the classroom feel of a traditional course while working on their own schedule.
Enrolling at Mid-America Christian University
The admissions process for online students is essentially the same as traditional students. Whether a student is an incoming freshman with no college experience or a transferring student with credits or a degree already on record, those enrolling at Mid-America Christian University must meet several standard admission requirements. For entering students, the requirements are as follows:
Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Official high school transcripts
- Recommendation form
- Official ACT/SAT scores meeting minimum score requirements
- Official college transcripts (if transferring)
Prospective Graduate Students
- Proof of completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two or more letters of recommendation
- A letter of intent specific to the graduate program of choice
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester hours
Students applying to the graduate business programs will also be required to submit scores from the GMAT or GRE. In select cases, graduate applicants may be required to participate in an interview to complete the admission process.